Thursday, January 24, 2019

FMX 211 First Feelings


First Feelings... Well, I feel EXCITED!!! I feel like I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be!

As a matter of introduction to my blog, I'm Joshua J. Campbell. I recently retired from the U.S. Marine Corps at the rank of Gunnery Sergeant after completing 20 years of service. While every Marine is a Rifleman, I held a few Military Occupational Specialties (MOS) that are a bit rare. My MOS' include 5524 Musician, 5563 Percussionist, 5519 Enlisted Conductor, & 5522 Small Ensemble Leader. Needless to say, I've had many adventures and have many tales to tell. However, I'd be giving a false impression of myself if I merely mentioned my experiences as a Marine. That being said, I'd describe myself as a creative problem solver, compassionate leader, and creative soul that has lived in an overly structured lifestyle while longing for opportunities to express authenticity and emotion. I'm also a Husband and a Father to 4 children.

I'm really looking forward to the enriching lectures, assignments, activities, and other opportunities that will come out of being in FMX 211. Having taken classes from professors that lacked real world experience, I couldn't be happier to be learning from Blanka Roundtree. I'm a huge advocate for "Realistic Training", and can't think of someone better to be teaching this class. I expect to be challenged and exposed to new ideas, techniques, and creative processes. I also expect open and honest feedback that will help me grow in the field of New Media Production.


(The SP19 FMX 211 Class met for the first time on Wednesday, 23 January 2019 @ 10:00am in the CASS Bldg on the University of Tampa Campus.)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your service Joshua, as a sister and mother of Marines, I know military years are not a bed of roses. If you need anything in the future, do not hesitate to contact me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blanka, Thank you so much for an amazing class! As I reflect back on my first impressions of your class, I feel as though I was right on the mark. Your class always inspired me and surpassed any expectations I had going into it. Thanks for opening me up to new ideas, exposing me to new art forms and technologies, and challenging me to continue to grow. Most of all, thanks for being an Awesome Person!!!

    ReplyDelete